How do I fix my game not loading in browser

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:32 pm

Ashley wrote:Construct 2's backwards compatibility is excellent and thousands of users regularly upgrade without issues. Conversely, staying on old versions means you run in to issues we've already fixed, like you have in this thread. So actually I think it is more risky to not upgrade. Which version are you using? You can always back up your project and test the latest version without risking your project.

I'm unsure about the version I am using, but I assume that what you are saying is the issue. I'm not far from the most recent version and when I get on my PC, I will backup my project and attempt this :) Thank you very much!

The only possible point I could make about it NOT being it, is that it was working originally, I could upload to my host, reupload the same project to update it over and over and it wouldn't stop working, it only seemed to happen after developing a local storage high score system and other games such as my Super Mario Bros. remake still works on the host, which was developed on the very same version. This is only a small point though and I assume that what you are saying is correct, if this issue is not fixed by the time I update and everything, I will come back to this thread and post my .capx etc.

Thank you very much both of you guys for all the help! :)
B

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:06 am

Ashley wrote:Construct 2's backwards compatibility is excellent and thousands of users regularly upgrade without issues. Conversely, staying on old versions means you run in to issues we've already fixed, like you have in this thread. So actually I think it is more risky to not upgrade. Which version are you using? You can always back up your project and test the latest version without risking your project.

After debugging and stuff, found out that the error for not being able to correctly play on the Web browsers or export and launch a nw.js file was due to the "audio" object type included in my game. Any possible reasons for this? Does this mean I can't use audio?
B

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:27 am

Baehoon wrote:
After debugging and stuff, found out that the error for not being able to correctly play on the Web browsers or export and launch a nw.js file was due to the "audio" object type included in my game. Any possible reasons for this? Does this mean I can't use audio?

What type of audio file are you referring to? (reference: https://www.scirra.com/manual/52/import-audio)

Are you referring to a MIME type error from the server?

A server needs to be configurred to recognize a certain MIME type - see the following:https://www.scirra.com/manual/168/mime-types.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:59 am

I'm pretty sure it was a typical .WAV file to play a jump sound and then it created an OGG file as well, due to web browsers using different formats of sound available. I have no idea what error I am reffering to unfortunately, all I know was when I deleted the sound object from my project, I was able to export and correctly open up .exe files and succesfully load my game on various free hosting websites.
B

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:06 pm

You can check which version you're using in the About dialog.

The bug was indeed with the Audio object, but there's really no point trying to work around it, we already fixed it long ago - just update C2!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:13 pm

@Baehoon

I think that Ashley's answer gives you your definitive answer.

Just download the lastest stable version from here.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:26 pm

Mine is not working in google chrome but it works on FF, thankfully. i'm using r221, which i suppose is the latest stable release right now. :D

[XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///C:/Users/baconawa/Desktop/thesis/data.js. Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https, chrome-extension-resource.d.ys @ c2runtime.js:90]
[c2runtime.js:5 Error requesting data.js:ga @ c2runtime.js:5]
[c2runtime.js:5 XMLHttpRequestProgressEventga @ c2runtime.js:5]
[index.html:110 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Failed to register a ServiceWorker: The URL protocol of the current origin ('null') is not supported. index.html:110]

I pressed F12, and found these errors on chrome. xD
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?