How do I fix my respawn object events

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I have objects that respawn at invisible objects throughout my level, which use instance variables.

The timer for them to respawn is 5 seconds. They respawn just fine, but the issue is every object respawns at the same time, instead of waiting 5 seconds after it has been destroyed (which is when it leaves the layout).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm using the free version by the way, until I can buy a licence on my next payday, so I don't have access to all the features.

• If you don't want them to respawn at the same time use random in your timer

Every random(1,6) seconds: Spawn enemy

That will add randomness to the enemy.

• The respawn is not for enemies, but for platforms that fall or rise, but I get what you mean.

I tried this, the same thing happens, all the same platform type will spawn at the same time, instead of individually.

I set up a test area, with 5 platforms, I ran across them all, they all fell, at slightly different times, but they all respawned at the exact same time.

I need them to spawn 5 seconds after they are destroyed, so if one is destroyed and another 2 seconds later, the first will spawn, then 2 seconds later the other spawns.

I am at a loss as to why they do not spawn individually, they seem to just spawn all as one.

• The respawn is not for enemies, but for platforms that fall or rise, but I get what you mean.

I tried this, the same thing happens, all the same platform type will spawn at the same time, instead of individually.

I set up a test area, with 5 platforms, I ran across them all, they all fell, at slightly different times, but they all respawned at the exact same time.

I need them to spawn 5 seconds after they are destroyed, so if one is destroyed and another 2 seconds later, the first will spawn, then 2 seconds later the other spawns.

I am at a loss as to why they do not spawn individually, they seem to just spawn all as one.

Hmmm?

I don't see your time event in your event sheet to tell what the problem is.

Post that and lets see how your time event is set up.

• I'll PM you the file.

• https://db.tt/roO46NB2ue

I found a way to fix my problem, at least for resetting falling platforms. Check out the capx for how I did it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)