How do I fix opening this file?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Alright, so I recently saved a game I was working on and shut down my computer. The next morning, I turned back on the computer and tried opening the file, but it showed me an error that said "Unable to open 'Desktop/Games/Game.capx' for unzipping". I feel kind of dumb, but I don't know what to do about this. Is there a way to fix this? Its located in a couple of folders, but they arent zipped. :? What do I do?
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Take the lemons back! GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR DANG LEMONS WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! Demand to see life's manager!! Do you know who I am!?!?! I'M THE MAN WHOS GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN... WITH THE LEMONS
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:41 pm

A .capx is basically a zipped file format, so can usually be unzipped by most programs, such as Winzip, 7zip etc.

If your .capx is actually mangled, then look for the automatic saves and backup files in the same folder.
You should be able to just change the suffix of the latest to .capx and open it in C2.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Ah, the backup file worked. Thanks!
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Take the lemons back! GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR DANG LEMONS WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! Demand to see life's manager!! Do you know who I am!?!?! I'M THE MAN WHOS GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN... WITH THE LEMONS
B
S

Return to How do I....?