How do I fix the space around my tile image?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
slide the tiles to fill the board.60 awesome levels.
  • Hello, I'm brand new to Construct 2 and just recently finished following the tutorial, through which I had no issues.

My plan was to create designs and sprites of my own, and then follow the tutorial with them instead, however whenever I try to use the background tile I created, it creates a much larger canvas space around the edges of the image. How can I fix this? The original image size I was using was 800x600, and I narrowed it down to 400x300 in case it was a size issue. I have changed the size of the layout screen to the same dimensions as the image both times, and it still leaves all that extra white space between the tiles and I don't know why. I compared all of the layout and layer and object settings to that of the tutorial, and everything is the same.

I have tried resizing the image in the editor, but it is as if the white space is part of the original image, which it is not. The original file is cropped to the edges with no white space.

Here is a screen shot of the issue: imgur.com/WXD8R3S

• Hello, I'm brand new to Construct 2 and just recently finished following the tutorial, through which I had no issues.

My plan was to create designs and sprites of my own, and then follow the tutorial with them instead, however whenever I try to use the background tile I created, it creates a much larger canvas space around the edges of the image. How can I fix this? The original image size I was using was 800x600, and I narrowed it down to 400x300 in case it was a size issue. I have changed the size of the layout screen to the same dimensions as the image both times, and it still leaves all that extra white space between the tiles and I don't know why. I compared all of the layout and layer and object settings to that of the tutorial, and everything is the same.

I have tried resizing the image in the editor, but it is as if the white space is part of the original image, which it is not. The original file is cropped to the edges with no white space.

Here is a screen shot of the issue: https://imgur.com/WXD8R3S

I hate that when you try to fix pics and it doesn't work lol that happens. I think it's because the original layout the pic was made in 800x600 will stay that way. You made it in paint brush huh? if so... far as i know it will always come out that way if you resize it in construct 2. You need to make the original layout size to 400x300 I'm not sure what image maker will let you resize the image in construct 2 without going back to your image maker program because you can resize images without that stupid white frame popping up. the sprite images have to be made a certain way or in a certain software image maker. hopefully someone here has more info on what to use when making sprites, backgrounds and so on. As I write this I might find out what my game artist uses to make backgrounds and sprites because I have no problem with resize.

Here is a screen shot of the issue: https://imgur.com/WXD8R3S

Here's what my artist said...

Maybe she saved it in image format, that does not support transparent background.

She can try saving in .png format including alpha channel and see how it works.

Any program that can save in that image format should work.

• > Hello, I'm brand new to Construct 2 and just recently finished following the tutorial, through which I had no issues.

>

> My plan was to create designs and sprites of my own, and then follow the tutorial with them instead, however whenever I try to use the background tile I created, it creates a much larger canvas space around the edges of the image. How can I fix this? The original image size I was using was 800x600, and I narrowed it down to 400x300 in case it was a size issue. I have changed the size of the layout screen to the same dimensions as the image both times, and it still leaves all that extra white space between the tiles and I don't know why. I compared all of the layout and layer and object settings to that of the tutorial, and everything is the same.

>

> I have tried resizing the image in the editor, but it is as if the white space is part of the original image, which it is not. The original file is cropped to the edges with no white space.

>

> Here is a screen shot of the issue: imgur.com/WXD8R3S

>

Here's what my artist said...

Maybe she saved it in image format, that does not support transparent background.

She can try saving in .png format including alpha channel and see how it works.

Any program that can save in that image format should work.

Thanks! I did try saving i as png and jpg and both gave the same issue. The canvas size in paint is cropped to the edges of the image, when I shrink the blue box in construct to the edges of the image, it shows a different canvas size than I made in paint. I will look into some sprite making programs though, I didn't think of that. Thanks again!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • >

> > Hello, I'm brand new to Construct 2 and just recently finished following the tutorial, through which I had no issues.

> >

> > My plan was to create designs and sprites of my own, and then follow the tutorial with them instead, however whenever I try to use the background tile I created, it creates a much larger canvas space around the edges of the image. How can I fix this? The original image size I was using was 800x600, and I narrowed it down to 400x300 in case it was a size issue. I have changed the size of the layout screen to the same dimensions as the image both times, and it still leaves all that extra white space between the tiles and I don't know why. I compared all of the layout and layer and object settings to that of the tutorial, and everything is the same.

> >

> > I have tried resizing the image in the editor, but it is as if the white space is part of the original image, which it is not. The original file is cropped to the edges with no white space.

> >

> > Here is a screen shot of the issue: https://imgur.com/WXD8R3S

> >

>

> Here's what my artist said...

>

> Maybe she saved it in image format, that does not support transparent background.

> She can try saving in .png format including alpha channel and see how it works.

> Any program that can save in that image format should work.

>

Thanks! I did try saving i as png and jpg and both gave the same issue. The canvas size in paint is cropped to the edges of the image, when I shrink the blue box in construct to the edges of the image, it shows a different canvas size than I made in paint. I will look into some sprite making programs though, I didn't think of that. Thanks again!

ok cool, hopefully you find some good programs and you're very welcome.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)