How do I ... fix this issue with the sprite

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi All

my native language is german but i will try to explain my issue :)

i try to make a platformer but everytime when i create a platform i'm falling through the sprites :( can someone check my capx and give me feedback what exactly the issue was?

www.ceyhan.ch/hc/DatCat.capx
B

Post » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:10 pm

The difference between how the Platform behaviour acts with solids and how it acts with Jumptrough, lays in the simple fact that Jumptroughs disable the Platform's 'Push-out-of-Solids' mechanism (under certain circumstances).

Short story: when the platform breaks trough the boundary's of a Jumptrough it will not push that object out of that solids polygons.

Your cat has frames with different sizes. As a result you have origins that wander and collision polygons that ramble.
The cat will, due the animating origins and polygons, dive into the solid for 1 pixel. Since it is a Jumptrough, it does not get pushed out.

Most people will tell you that the solution is a 'helper object'.

At 1 point, when you going to add non native moves to the platform behaviour, a 'helper object' will be part of this solution. But wandering origins and collision polygons will bring you even more problems, problems that you have not seen yet.

My suggestion: better take care of the animation frames.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5uhvq2g88hfx ... .capx?dl=0

Other suggestion: use a tilemap for the platforms.
B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions