How do I ... fix this issue with the sprite

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • Hi All

my native language is german but i will try to explain my issue

i try to make a platformer but everytime when i create a platform i'm falling through the sprites can someone check my capx and give me feedback what exactly the issue was?

ceyhan.ch/hc/DatCat.capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The difference between how the Platform behaviour acts with solids and how it acts with Jumptrough, lays in the simple fact that Jumptroughs disable the Platform's 'Push-out-of-Solids' mechanism (under certain circumstances).

Short story: when the platform breaks trough the boundary's of a Jumptrough it will not push that object out of that solids polygons.

Your cat has frames with different sizes. As a result you have origins that wander and collision polygons that ramble.

The cat will, due the animating origins and polygons, dive into the solid for 1 pixel. Since it is a Jumptrough, it does not get pushed out.

Most people will tell you that the solution is a 'helper object'.

At 1 point, when you going to add non native moves to the platform behaviour, a 'helper object' will be part of this solution. But wandering origins and collision polygons will bring you even more problems, problems that you have not seen yet.

My suggestion: better take care of the animation frames.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5uhvq2g88hfx ... .capx?dl=0

Other suggestion: use a tilemap for the platforms.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)