How do I fix this problem?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:07 am

Like now, now it runs perfectly again....I dont understand, someone please help me. This is extremly weird and I am making a BIG game and is going to spend over a year on it so I want to solve the problem ASAP, so it dont come back and bite me in the ass a couple of months from now...thats what happend with Stencyl:(.
B

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:05 am

Well I see you have around 460 objects on your layout and an extremely high collision-count..
I'm not sure why you'd need 156 of the same tile objects, but there might be some logic behind that..
Also you should check if you aren't creating new objects every tick or are checking things every tick that could be checked less often..
Without seeing the capx, I don't think I can give more info..
Could be your events, could be the amount of objects, could be the memory size of the objects..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:05 am

Here is the capx, thank you so much for trying to help me, I really appreciate it. hope you can find whats wrong now :)

http://tommystudier.webs.com/derp.capx

Also, IF you can figure out why he is glitching out when walking into a wall from the left it would be nice, but the fps and screen size is whats mose important.

Thank you very much.
B

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:26 am

Ok, at first glance there are very many issues..

The hero event sheet can be a lot shorter when using subevents..
Most system every tick conditions are useless, because if they weren't there the conditions following would be checked every tick anyway..
You are not optimizing your images..
For what you are trying to do, using the tilemap object and or tiledbackground and or 9-patch would be much better than 140 of the same sprite on screen..
This also causes the huge amount of collisionchecks for even sprites that can never be collided with check if they are colliding..
I will try and optimize what you have and put comments with it..
Might take some time though..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:29 am

Thank you so much!
B

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:32 am

I take down the file from the link for now
B

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:48 am

About the images, I have optimised some of them but not the hero since that messed up his collision with the ground.
B

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:06 am

wow i wonder it ...

use 458 objects (sprites) and you get 60 fsp and and 8% of cpu .... i wonder to know how to do it ... maybe u use groups ?

in my case , i use only 250 object and get bad performance ... about 45 , 37 FSP .... and believe me its heal on iphone 4s (slow)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:53 am

Try disabling collision for sprites that don't need it (grass sprites?), also try not to have multiple sprites WITH collision enabled overlapping each other.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:03 pm

Telyko wrote:Try disabling collision for sprites that don't need it (grass sprites?), also try not to have multiple sprites WITH collision enabled overlapping each other.

So can I use Sprites as tiles as long as i disable collision on them???
B

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?