How Do I Fix This? :) Should Be An Easy One! :D

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:03 pm

Hello everyone and all of you Construct Wizards out there! :D

So I have attached a .capx that you can download. And in the example, When the player jumps onto the Red platform, the numbers appear..The problem is that I do not want all the numbers to appear all at once...
I only want the number "1" to appear when I jump onto the first platform, and the number "2" appears when I jump onto the second platform..and so on...And I want it to keep going forever because my game is going to be an infinite runner

I am aware that I can just make a ton of separate platforms, or separate text boxes..but is there a way to go about doing this without making so many text boxes or sprites? So It can keep going forever, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7..and so on

PLEASE HELP!

Thank You All

And Happy Creating :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:36 pm

Add the following condition under the on-collision trigger event:

Text : Pick nearest to PlatformB.X , PlatformB.Y
I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:48 pm

here the solution
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:30 am

Create an instance variable for your character. On collision with platform - player.instance variable + 1. One text box that displays current variable. I think that would have the effect you want. :)
Be sure to check out my Metroidvania game, A Hole in the Earth
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:13 am

Thanks everyone all suggestions seems like it can work, I did not find help on the forums so this will be helpful to others who need it! :)
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:26 am

luisgmolina wrote:here the solution

Thanks so much! you're the man!

So I have a question. In the example you made the text floats up and fades out. It looks so amazing! :D

But how can I just have it so when I jump onto the platform, the number appears on the platform itself? like a static number that lights up haha, that would be awesome, if not thanks again
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:15 am

B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:55 am

korbaach wrote:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DUDE! you're a construct Wizard! Thanks man..
B
S

Return to How do I....?