How do I freeze a single object ?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:55 pm

That is possible. But it will take some coding.

Say you have a boolean that is true when things are in pauze.

So,

when the boolean is true (+ once while true condition) you store the Timer expression .. Duration(tag) in a instance variable. The time you wanted to go minus the Duration(tag) = the remaining time.

When the boolean is false (+ once while true condition), restart the timer with the remaining time.

Now, its the gravity thing that keeps you from just timescaling. When you can timescale, the timer just pauzes and picks up where it was.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:39 am

Or I just maybe got another idea. Maybe I can spawn an invisible decoy with the platform behaviour that the player will automatically get on top of every tick or soever, allowing the object to fake genuine gravity. Once the player loses the frozen status, the decoy would be destroyed.

Oh, by the way... There is just another thing that I would need to be helped on. Y'see, I have a container that contains two objects : A tiled background that looks like a thin wooden log, and a sprite that is a spiky "head" of the log. I would like the tiled background part to automatically extend and lower size to fit perfectly with the head, that will move. Does anyone have an idea how to make this simple ? Imagine a Sine behaviour for the head, that would go up and down, but do not recommend me to use Sine size for the tiled background because it's here just an example.
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?