How do I get a good responsive method for differend devices

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
This kit will show you how to position GUI elements based on screen size
  • Hey there!

Iam working on a game (basically a html5 game) which should run on differend devices (pc, ios, android) - now iam in trouble with the responsability of the screen. I created that game in 16:9 but if youre running it on 4:3 screens (like ipad) it generates black bars.

I know the differend scale modes in construct - but does someone has a hint how to deal best with it?

So it would be nice if i could - lets say - program, that the gui elements are always for excampe in the corner of the game canvas or on the same screen position, nervermind how big the ratio is.

Or a tiled background, which filles the "black" area if i would choose the "Letterbox scale mode"...

But these are only ideas....Iam open for more

Thank you very much!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi,

so there is somewhere here some tutorial on this explaining it better. But how I got it and do it is:

The most common aspect ratios are 16:9 and 4:3 and they also cover a lot ov other aspect ratios. Do then for example 16:9 as you did. Expand than the top and bottom with stuff, that is not neccesary to see but that is just a plus to see. Set on scale outer. Peeps with 4:3 will see the expanded stuff. If you wish objects to stay on the top or bottom perspective while expanding on 4:3 devices give them the anchor behauviour.

Set layouts to unbound scrolling if you like it to go to the middle of the screen.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)