How do I get a powerup to stick to my character?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:06 pm

My friend and I are making a game and we our main character is a four legged animal. For powerups, we are using hats. I have managed to get the character to grab the hat and have it stick on to its head. However, if the character turns around, the hat then floats out behind him (Screenshots below) Is there any way to fix this in the event sheets? Or would it just be easier to make separate sprites?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:27 pm

How did you do that? Does your image (dog) a point at the head position? (image point).
Do you use the "Pin" Behavior for power ups? Then pin it to this image point.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:38 pm

The easiest is using the Pin object to another object. You just have to make sure it's always facing the direction of your character. Together with the mirror option this should work fine.

Your problem could also be image point not aligned with your character
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:32 am

Thanks for your help! I have a pin behavior in the game, so I'll mess around with it a bit more and see if I can get it working.
B

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 5:53 pm

QuickStep wrote:Thanks for your help! I have a pin behavior in the game, so I'll mess around with it a bit more and see if I can get it working.

Will work perfect to use new sprites
B
S

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Can anyone explain how?

Thanks
Check out my latest game RAPID-TAPIT. Get your Fingercise on with this one. A steady Tap is all you need to score points. Lift a finger and see what you can do...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?