How do I get C2 to recognize Gamepad inputs?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports keyboard, mouse and gamepads. Supports several gamepads at once.
  • C2 recognizes when my controller is plugged in and when it's disconnected in multiple C2 games, but it does not recognize the button presses in those games nor in mine. It can't be my code, it's happening to other C2 games as well.

My gamepad is a Logitech F310, it works, I verified it with some Steam games, and with Windows 7 "Set Up USB game controllers" application. OS recognizes the inputs.

Here's the code I'm working with...I have OR statements with keyboard inputs that respond normally with the same shared actions when the keys are pressed.

Could there be a missing plugin update or am I plugging my controller into the wrong USB? Is it the browser? I exported my game to node webkit using NW.js and same result. It's got to be something simple, a setting somewhere...

Thank you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I seem to be getting it to work on 1 controller in a 2.0 slot, when a 2nd controller is plugged into a USB 3.0 port at the same time. I have 2 USB 2.0 ports and 2 USB 3.0 ports on my front panel. C2 only recognizes the inputs when 2 gamepads are plugged into specific ports. Does any of this make any sense? Code works. C2 seems to work.

Is there any hidden code that C2 goes through to determine which controller it picks up? Outside of the Gamepad 0, Gamepad 1 indexing code that is built in for users? My code is only for Gamepad 0, there is no other 2nd programmed gamepad.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)