How do I get Lan Preview working again?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:09 am

I just got a new router. I set up LAN preview in C2 according to Ashley's guide. Everything worked fine; previewed in all browsers, previewed to my mobile.

Now...it isn't working. I haven't changed anything that I can think of. This is the error I'm getting:

C2_LanError.png

I am running C2 as an administrator. I've double checked this. I'm using r190 stable. I also tried a separate instal of r192 beta, same thing.

Any ideas where to start here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:56 am

If you haven't tried it already, perhaps delete the Firewall Rule you set up to enable LAN preview and create a new one. Perhaps, if the new router didn't throw the settings off, like so much to do with Windows, the old rule somehow became corrupted...
I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:22 am

@Colludium

Thanks for the idea. Actually, though, I just figured this out 5 mins ago: somehow, my router's ip address had changed slightly. I just went to C2's 'preview on lan address' setting, picked the top suggestion (which had 1 number different), and everything worked.
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?