How do I get multiplayer private messaging to work?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) is a cross-platform messaging solution that lets you reliably send messages at no cost.
  • I try and stay out of the forums since I'm quite the newb...but after a week of trying this I'm stumped.

After reading and playing around with multiplayer chat I've got the signalling down (relaying through host). However, when trying to PM through the host I can't figure out how to tell the host who to send the message to.

Multiplayer>>Send to peer "", tag "chat" message and mode. Understand this relays to the host, what I don't get is how to signal the host to relay this to a specific player in the room. Is there a capx that anyone knows of that explains this in detail? I figure there is some info I'm missing (as in I see on the tutorial the section for /pm username msg, I've tried a thousand variations and no luck). Thanks

• I have been fiddling with this too.

This post contains messages sent back and forth from the "Multiplayer Test client" project that is built into Construct.

I tried to reverse engineer the message structure, but I have not taken the time to build a Java-based Web Socket server.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm messing with a diff messaging issue and think I figured this out but havn't tested it...

PEER: on peer message "" "tag" "/"&multiplayer.peeralias (or ID)&"|"&"Hello, this is the message"

HOST: on peer message set a variable to tokenat(multiplayer.message,0,"|")

and a variable to tokenat(multiplayer.message,1,"|")

(I'd use global variable set to text)

then just forward the message to peer

HOST: send msg "variable 1" tag"PM" msg variable 2

then just have it display in a diff color or some such but normal paste into text area

Hope that makes sense, seems like that would work fine (again havn't tested it).

• Yea, it does. It should make my reverse engineering run a bit smoother, thanks.

• Just an update...works peachy.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)