How do I get my characters animation frames to load per hit

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:47 am

The reason everyone is having such a hard time answering you is not the difficulty of what you're trying to do. It's the difficulty of explaining it to someone who is thinking about this the way that you are. Your approach is so far off, we're not sure where to start. It's also kind of hard to know exactly what it is you're trying to do, based on your approach.

You keep using the word timer. Are you using the timer behaviour? or are you referring to the wait x seconds command? You keep saying you don't want to have to rely on the timer to switch animations. You don't. But then why do you keep programming it that way? Is the problem that you just need to set your animation speed to not play? could you use "on animation finished" to trigger the next animation? I'm trying to help, honest. I just think you're not going to get much farther if you don't get a better understanding of how C2 works..

Have you done many of the tutorials? I really feel if you had, you would have approached this much differently than you have.

I mean no offense, and I hope you don't take it as such. I'm trying to help :)

EDIT: also, if you'll upload a capx (the forums will tell you how to do this). I guarantee someone will get it working like you want.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:22 pm

spacedoubt wrote:The reason everyone is having such a hard time answering you is not the difficulty of what you're trying to do. It's the difficulty of explaining it to someone who is thinking about this the way that you are. Your approach is so far off, we're not sure where to start. It's also kind of hard to know exactly what it is you're trying to do, based on your approach.

You keep using the word timer. Are you using the timer behaviour? or are you referring to the wait x seconds command? You keep saying you don't want to have to rely on the timer to switch animations. You don't. But then why do you keep programming it that way? Is the problem that you just need to set your animation speed to not play? could you use "on animation finished" to trigger the next animation? I'm trying to help, honest. I just think you're not going to get much farther if you don't get a better understanding of how C2 works..

Have you done many of the tutorials? I really feel if you had, you would have approached this much differently than you have.

I mean no offense, and I hope you don't take it as such. I'm trying to help :)

EDIT: also, if you'll upload a capx (the forums will tell you how to do this). I guarantee someone will get it working like you want.

Yes I'm using the system wait 1.0 seconds behavior. I don't know any other way to have the collision frames show up without turning on in seconds. That's why I need help lol I want to know how to make the animations turn on when the character gets hit each at a time. I like for the animation to play it's just that it plays the second one automatically after the seconds go down without allowing the player to take a hit in order to achieve damage. How could I trigger the animation fin to trigger the next animation that sounds like what I'm looking for :D
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:26 pm

First this: 'wait' is NOT a timer. It just postpones actions.

It is not (and still not) easy to answher this question, without to be able to correct your .capx
I am afraid that you not gonna understand 'words', (based on you totaly weird events) but lets try.
Taking your capx as example would be better.

You want it to happening on a 'on collisson'. Not every so mutch seconds. You have 4 stages of dead. I suppose you have 4 animations named "Hurt1", "Hurt2" , "Hurt3" and "Hurt4".

Give the duck an instance variable 'Stage' ... number .. = 0

Condition > On Duck collission with Bottle
Action > add 1 to 'Stage'
Action > start animation "Hurt"&str(Duck.Stage)
Action > destroy the bottle

Condition > Duck > On finished "Hurt4"
Action > destroy Duck
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:25 pm

Message: Highdry012 can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
99Instances2Go wrote:First this: 'wait' is NOT a timer. It just postpones actions.

It is not (and still not) easy to answher this question, without to be able to correct your .capx
I am afraid that you not gonna understand 'words', (based on you totaly weird events) but lets try.
Taking your capx as example would be better.

You want it to happening on a 'on collisson'. Not every so mutch seconds. You have 4 stages of dead. I suppose you have 4 animations named "Hurt1", "Hurt2" , "Hurt3" and "Hurt4". Yes this is correct

Give the duck an instance variable 'Stage' ... number .. = 0

Condition > On Duck collission with Bottle
Action > add 1 to 'Stage'
Action > start animation "Hurt"&str(Duck.Stage)
Action > destroy the bottle
I don't want the duck to destroy the bottle though. I have the bottle destroying the duck already but that's at hurt4.

Condition > Duck > On finished "Hurt4"
Action > destroy Duck

When I do this the duck just either dies/ goes through killing the bottles.

Since I can't upload a .capx here's a link to my video I posted on Youtube on the topic of this question. It shows my problem and hopefully will help you see what I'm talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1_YqRUkZ48
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:44 pm

Then dont destroy them. Geez. I expected the bottles to behave as bullets.

Why can't you upload a capx to any sharing service ? You know how to post links.

The video sure shows your problem ! Time you see it too.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:05 pm

Most people here use a Dropbox account (free) and just share the link that way.

After watching the video, I still don't really understand what's going wrong. I mean, I see that it isn't working but I can't tell you what you did or how to fix it. My first suggestion would be to turn off line of sight. Use bullet enabled after a certain condition. Then destroy them once they are off the left side of the screen.

Looking back at my platformer from 2014, this is how I handled my player collisions. Ignore the function for now.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:20 pm

B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:50 pm

My game has no platforms it's just a player who moves with the 8 directions and has projectiles coming at it from the right side heading towards the player. The character has animation frames titled hurt1 and hurt 2 when I put hurt1 and add in the collision and what I showed you in the video the player gets hit but because of the timer that counts down from how many seconds till the next animation the frames change to hurt 2 because of the timer even though the player did not get hit. That's all I'm having a problem with and I haven't been able to create my game for the past nine days because no one can send me a link/video/ to a solution. You just tell me I'm doing this wrong and give me no insight and when anyone does try to help it doesn't do anything. The bottles functions are fine. The player movement is fine. The background is fine. The controls for the bottles are fine. The animation frames is the problem. The system setting wait for 1.0 seconds and so fourth is the problem. I don't know what else to say. If no one can answer me can somebody at least direct me to a code free software that lets you make games other then construct 2 and gamesalad and gamemaker and corona. I been designing this entire story based game for the bitter half of five months and this issue has really slowed me down. If anyone knows the solution just tell me I'm not wasting my time to make accounts on dropbox and other websites I showed you the problem in the beginning of the video and if you pause it you can see the codeless demands I gave the software. So again if you know what to do please help me otherwise I can't continue using this product.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:05 pm

What is wrong with the example that i gave you ?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:25 am

I did what you said but instead of the bottle hurting the duck and removing its live points one hit at a time the duck destroyed the bottles. Thanks for trying to help but I think I'll just remove the whole idea of health and have the player die in one hit :)
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?