How do I get my enemy to turn around and go back?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:22 pm

So on that game I've been working on, I fixed the previous problem I was having but came across a new one... i have this skeleton enemy I wanted to patrol the 2nd room in the castle I'm building, but once he gets to the end he just keeps going!

I was trying to adapt "Artificial Intelligence in Games, Part 2: State Machines & Platformers" to my game since it seemed to be closest to what I wanted, but it doesn't seem to be working: I'm sure I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what it is. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:56 pm

Sorry - I have not looked at your caps yet, I am on my Mac...

But one thing you could try is the bullet behavior and have it bounce off solid objects...
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:42 pm

hmmm I tried to get that to work but he just wound up bouncing all over the place, lol (I could always try it that way if I had a different tileset as the floor, that might be what's causing the problem.
B

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:25 am

You've got too many States. You are mixing the Global State & the State on the Skeleton.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:06 am

yes! that's what I was going for! thanks so much!! I should've figured it was something in the code... some reason I thought maybe it needed both?
B

Return to How do I....?