How do I get my sound to play?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:03 am

Can you help me i've tried everything to get the sound to work but it never does. I can only hear the laser blast sound when I open my exported project in firefox. The one I? uploaded to the sever and in preview have no sound in any browser. I used the IIS 7 to add the mime for both the mp4 and ogg audio formats on the computer I used to create the game but that had no effect either any idea how I can fix this? Also, I am using the trial version of the software if that makes any difference and I'm completely newbie to this kind of stuff.

So I have the 404 error in the browser which says http://localhost:5000/laser%EF%80%A2shoot.ogg failed. I used the IIS Manager on my windows 7 computer to add the audio file formats of .ogg and .m4a to my mime types and I still don't have any sound. What else am I doing wrong here? divman2013-02-04 07:49:34
B

Post » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:20 am

For this kind of help request you'd rather post your capx rather than the exported project.

As for audio, make sure the MIME type of your server is correctly set (more information in this manual entry).

Be sure also to check for error in your browser to pinpoint where the problem might be in case it's not about the MIME type.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?