How do I Get rid of these creases?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:59 pm

I have just seen that when i run the game it looks like the creases are gone.. But would they come back if the game gets closer by any chance?

Image
B
4
Posts: 19
Reputation: 240

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:01 pm

clissy09 wrote:soirry mate, what is capx?


A CAPX file is a file of your game saved as a single file.

I can load that and look at your layout to see the problem.

It looks like they are being stretched which is probably a sizing issue. That gets worse when you stretch them more.

If they look fine in game play it is probably your snap to grid settings not matching the tile settings.

I really can't help more without seeing a capx sorry.
Banned User
B
28
S
7
G
58
Posts: 1,229
Reputation: 34,825

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:03 pm

lamar wrote:
clissy09 wrote:soirry mate, what is capx?


A CAPX file is a file of your game saved as a single file.

I can load that and look at your layout to see the problem.

It looks like they are being stretched which is probably a sizing issue. That gets worse when you stretch them more.

If they look fine in game play it is probably your snap to grid settings not matching the tile settings.

I really can't help more without seeing a capx sorry.



oh i get ya now. How should i send it to you?
B
4
Posts: 19
Reputation: 240

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:10 pm

You can upload it to http://www.filedropper.com/ and then PM me the link and I will look at it.
Banned User
B
28
S
7
G
58
Posts: 1,229
Reputation: 34,825

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:12 pm

Message: clissy09 can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 2 URLS modified. Why?
lamar wrote:You can upload it to http://www.filedropper.com/ and then PM me the link and I will look at it.



not enough rep to pm. i'll post is here though pal. And delete shortly.

http://www.filedropper.com/gameidea
B
4
Posts: 19
Reputation: 240

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:31 pm

clissy09 wrote:
lamar wrote:You can upload it to http://www.filedropper.com/ and then PM me the link and I will look at it.



not enough rep to pm. i'll post is here though pal. And delete shortly.

http://www.filedropper.com/gameidea


OK I downloaded it and looked and it all looks fine and no gap showing in the layout.

My guess is you have been using the windows zoom in and out instead of the C2 zoom and when you do that alot it throws off the C2 window and results in the layout and sprites looking screwed up. It is a known bug.

Close your C2 game completely and then download your game from your own link and it should be fine. You may have to shut down your computer and restart if that doesn't fix it.
Banned User
B
28
S
7
G
58
Posts: 1,229
Reputation: 34,825

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:34 pm

It looks like it's because i have them set as sprites. when i made them a tile background it doesn't look lik they have the same issue.. But i need them as sprites so i can set their collision polygons.. :(

and how do you mean window zoom? I use CTRL and Scroll to zoom - i'm assuming that is incorrect?
B
4
Posts: 19
Reputation: 240

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:36 pm

clissy09 wrote:It looks like it's because i have them set as sprites. when i made them a tile background it doesn't look lik they have the same issue.. But i need them as sprites so i can set their collision polygons.. :(

and how do you mean window zoom? I use CTRL and Scroll to zoom - i'm assuming that is incorrect?


Yes do not use the regular window zoom controls. Go to the View tab at the top of C2 and you will see zoom controls.

Use those instead. I have had that same problem happen and can be very frustrating but your game is fine and is just happening because the zoom has a bug.
Banned User
B
28
S
7
G
58
Posts: 1,229
Reputation: 34,825

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:37 pm

well ok then. thank you very much sir :) i appreciate all your help!
B
4
Posts: 19
Reputation: 240

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:39 pm

clissy09 wrote:well ok then. thank you very much sir :) i appreciate all your help!


You are welcome!
Banned User
B
28
S
7
G
58
Posts: 1,229
Reputation: 34,825

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests