How do I get text from clipboard ?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
A complete set of graphical user interface (GUI) to build 2D video games. Suitable for casual games
  • is there any solution to perform copy/past from clipboard actions on a text object ?

• You might need to make a plugin to do this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=javascr ... 2&ie=UTF-8

• not on a text object, but if you set the text on a textbox, then copy/paste works as per normal... not a perfect solution but the best I've found.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • not on a text object, but if you set the text on a textbox, then copy/paste works as per normal... not a perfect solution but the best I've found.

the problem is that i'm making the text as and intermediat for textbox , because i'm making the textbox to read-only mode because i don't want the default android keyboard to show and resize my app.

• You might need to make a plugin to do this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=javascr ... 2&ie=UTF-8

thank you , but i know i could get Js to do it , but the problem is i don't know how to make plugins , because i'm an artist mostly not a developer.

• Eh, it's pretty easy. If you're good at describing requirements I'll make one for you real quick. Hopefully the good karma will get my answers helped too

I'm just not sure where to put the variable so it's accessible, so let me know how it's going to be used.

What if I made a behavior for text objects that reacted to a "update to clipboard contents" action?

• Eh, it's pretty easy. If you're good at describing requirements I'll make one for you real quick. Hopefully the good karma will get my answers helped too

I'm just not sure where to put the variable so it's accessible, so let me know how it's going to be used.

What if I made a behavior for text objects that reacted to a "update to clipboard contents" action?

oh that's exciting , maybe you just make it separate plugin , that doesn't have visual object , this plugin gives you 1 value : maybe name it textclip. this value returned by the plugin is the text in the clipboard , if there is a text , and not picture or somthing else. and perform one action set text to clipboard. i know this isn't gonna be very usefull to many people. it's a good idea maybe somepeople going to need it.

but i have a question for you please , for sure you know more than me you might have the answer.

i want to prevent the default mobile keyboard from showing when textbox gain focus i don't need the android onscreen keyboard. i found on internet that it can be done with ( onFocus=blure ) inside the input tags but in construct 2 i don't know how to apply it.

• What if you just use a text object and use the set/get value method, instead of a form control. No keyboard or user focus involved

• no it's not possible for my case , i need all the textbox feature scroll down, append text , make new line, copy/past ....

when i set it to read-only mode i lose almost features. thats why i'm trying to keep it write and read more with preventing the keyboard to show , because i have my own keyboard.

• If you're trying to retain the native copy paste edit features with just overlaying a new keyboard, you're not going to be able to do it. You would need to crack open the android sdk etc and build it that way. As mentioned previously you can restrict the zooming with some meta information in the html document.

This is the best I can do for cross platform copy paste, but it will not solve the problem of the keyboard. It uses a method similar to things like CKEditor.

This plugin has native support for paste in only certrain browsers (internet explorer) and displays a dialog prompt for others.

I'll answer about blurring in another post

• If you're trying to retain the native copy paste edit features with just overlaying a new keyboard, you're not going to be able to do it. You would need to crack open the android sdk etc and build it that way. As mentioned previously you can restrict the zooming with some meta information in the html document.

This is the best I can do for cross platform copy paste, but it will not solve the problem of the keyboard. It uses a method similar to things like CKEditor.

This plugin has native support for paste in only certrain browsers (internet explorer) and displays a dialog prompt for others.

I'll answer about blurring in another post

Please ! You can do the same thing only with copying text to the clipboard ? To me it is very important

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)