How do I get the best quality images?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Hey folks, I am drawing in Photoshop and saving my images as PNG files to import into Construct 2. I am wondering what would be the best size for my original drawing file, I have using like a 8x10 inch canvas at 300 dpi. And what is a good size to use to import. I am re-sizing my images to about 3 inches and saving them as PNG files.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of process and could offer some insight to what a good size is, 400 pixels tall? 3 inches tall? 72 dpi?

What is working for you?

Thanks for reading,

Adam

• In my experience it is best to keep all assets to the smallest possible size, if we talk about vectors, the best option is the size in pixels with 300dpi, you always have to try that the image size is correct so that during the game Do not have to be resized then you gain in performance.

Another good option if you create assets to sell is to do it with Illustrator CC 2017, which offers the option of generating several sizes of the same image eg. 2x 3x 4x

Hope this help.

• May I ask a question. I am struggling with having large animations from my graphics artist. The weird thing is. When I shrink them down in a graphics editor and then import into Construct they get fuzzy when zoomed in on them. If I just leave them pretty large and then shrink them by just scaling inside the layout (they are fuzzy if I permanently shrink them with the image editor) down inside Construct when zooming in they look really crisp and nice with no quality loss.

It would be nice to be able to shrink them down to size outside of construct and then import them so Construct doesnt have the extra work but I cannot get the same quality. What am I doing wrong?

The images are PNG.

• You are not doing anything wrong, its just that the resolution of the images themselves is getting fuzzy. Its like if you took a photo on your computer, if you make it smaller by scaling it down, it will make the image blurry looking close up, but will still look fine if you look at it further away.

Construct 2 is able to take high resolution images and when they scale down, they will still look fine even though they are technically smaller than the original resolution.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You are not doing anything wrong, its just that the resolution of the images themselves is getting fuzzy. Its like if you took a photo on your computer, if you make it smaller by scaling it down, it will make the image blurry looking close up, but will still look fine if you look at it further away.

Construct 2 is able to take high resolution images and when they scale down, they will still look fine even though they are technically smaller than the original resolution.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)