How do I get the drag and drop function working!

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 6:13 am

I have followed a tutorial exactly but my drag and drop function is not working. The burger will not snap to the water containers. It just goes back to its starting positions. I have attached the .capx. PLEASE HELP! :|

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0g441d8pj7y223l/Drag.capx?dl=0
B
S

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 6:18 am

Here is the issue, you set the position everywhere to the starting Burger.StartX

Edit:
Here is a quick way of doing what you need.

But the more easy way would be using the family feature.
B
S

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 6:34 am

Thanks for the reply! I did that because if the burger isn't overlapping them, I want the burger to return to its starting position. However if it is overlapping them, then I want the burger to snap to them. Any ideas?
B
S

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 7:37 am

Bump
B
S

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 7:44 am

@Thorne
Thorne wrote:Bump

Please don't bump after only an hour.

It is acceptable to bump after 24 hours if no response has been forthcoming.

Please be aware that those who generally offer assistance come from many different time zones, so a little patience is required.

Thank you.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 8:23 am

Thorne wrote:Thanks for the reply! I did that because if the burger isn't overlapping them, I want the burger to return to its starting position. However if it is overlapping them, then I want the burger to snap to them. Any ideas?

Add all of the water containers to one family, then do the water containers overlaping the burger, set position to the water containers X and Y. And do the same with invert activated, in this case set position will be the initial burger position.
B
S

Return to How do I....?