How do I get the snail to move in second "top" tutorial

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:34 am

I am doing the platform game by Ashley: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/253/ho ... tform-game

Everything has gone great so far, but I am at the point where I add movement to the snail enemy. It tells me that I should add action to simulate action pressing right. That option isn't available for the snail object, and I am thinking it is because the development environment has changed and I have purchased the latest version of Construct2.

Example: Image

My question is:

Is there a better updated version of the platformer tutorial? or how do I get the snail moving?

Thanks in advance.
B

Post » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:43 am

@busspeed

The tutorial is correct. I suspect you missed something.

Have you done the following: (from Page 7

We don't want the player to control the SnailEnemy - we want to automatically control it. We can do this by setting its Default controls property to No, then using the Simulate control action.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:54 am

Now I'm just feeling stupid. I can't find the default controls property... where is it located. And yes, I apparently missed that step. Now I can't find it.
B

Post » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:09 pm

busspeed wrote:Now I'm just feeling stupid. I can't find the default controls property... where is it located. And yes, I apparently missed that step. Now I can't find it.

Have you added the platform behaviour to your snailenemy?
If you have in it's properties (left) there are the behaviour properties, in which you can set the default controls..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:15 pm

select the snail sprite and now you should have something like :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/143 ... 051213.PNG

edit - and once again.... :)
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:27 pm

I didn't add the platform behavior. I blame it on not doing the tutorial in one sitting - apparently missing some steps. :)

Thanks, both of you. Got it.
B

Post » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:30 pm

And now after re-looking at the tutorial, it says in bolded letters "Add the Platform behavior to the SnailEnemy sprite". *sigh*

Thanks again.
B

Return to How do I....?