How do I get the source atop blend mode to work properly?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Source File, music and art pack for Android Negotiator
  • I'm working on building a dynamic persistent global mini-map. I'm going to write a walk through for it assuming I get it working. I've used the example file to move ahead on my project, but now the fact that I can't get the blend mode to work on my own is driving me insane.

I start a new project. Create a layer with transparency, and force own texture on. I create 2 sprites. I set the one at the bottom of the z order to blend mode "source atop" and have it overlap the other. What happens is the top most sprite stays the same and the bottom sprite becomes invisible. I've tried a multitude of tweaks, and changes to no avail. So can someone give me a quick guide? or fix what ever I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

• I'll try to make a video tomorrow to show what is happening it may be a bug.

(I'm using Construct 2 Personal through Steam)

I've added in new sprites to Blend mode demo and set them to source atop on the effect 7 layer. I moved them to the bottom of the z-order and they worked fine. If I move the 5 shield(object the source atop objects load over) to the bottom of the z-order it still works. If I make a new sprite on the same layer and put any of the source atop objects behind it; it doesn't work. The 5 shield logo is magic. :C

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Never mind. Instead of just using send to the bottom of Z order or to the top of Z I just used edit Z order and moved stuff around. After I did that the blend mode worked fine?

• I'm having trouble figuring out source atop, too. Whatever object you mark "source atop" is invisible anywhere it overlaps transparency on its layer. What's giving me trouble is having 2 objects on the same layer be source atop, which might not be allowed.

Aaaannnddd..... I just saw this post is a year old...

Eh, Steve!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)