How do I Get these animations to play properly?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:53 pm

Message: HerrVonClaussen can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ngc58dpfvr8nify/RazielCh1.capx?dl=0 <CapX File

When the player is moving (uses 8Direction) the Run animation stops at the first frame and I am unsure what exactly is preventing it from playing. It is likely something to do with the events involving the attack animation but I have no clue what. (attacking prevents him from moving; the attacking animation is working exactly as intended)
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:36 pm

run animation set loop
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Ive tried that with no success, did you try that with my capx file? I might not have done it correctly. the link is @ the top, but you have to copy and paste it
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:59 pm

@HerrVonClaussen

It is nothing to do with what Carboncopy has put.

Event 8 is overriding the animation.

You have:
Keyboard Space NOT down (which is the majority of the time) -> SprPlayer Set animation to default
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:46 pm

zenox98 wrote:@HerrVonClaussen

You have:
Keyboard Space NOT down (which is the majority of the time) -> SprPlayer Set animation to default

I looked at the .capx and from what I understand that was the best answer I could find.
as if you look at animations (run) set to run speed 5 then no loop. So I came to the conclusion as I have with all my walking animations set loop.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:58 pm

Carbincopy wrote:
zenox98 wrote:@HerrVonClaussen

You have:

I looked at the .capx and from what I understand that was the best answer I could find.
as if you look at animations (run) set to run speed 5 then no loop. So I came to the conclusion as I have with all my walking animations set loop.

Setting the animation to loop will however not override conflicting events..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:35 am

(I finally got some time off work to check my post, yay!)
Thanks Zenox, I changed it to "on space released" and everything worked as intended!
B
S

Return to How do I....?