How do I get video object to play ??

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Explainer Video Sound Kit is an out of the ordinary, comprehensive sound effects toolkit.
  • Hey-- sorry if everyone is asking this-- i cannot find a tutorial on it so i am asking-- here's the deal;

I have a new project with a video object and a button in it and have loaded a short ".ogv" video clip as per the instructions and i want to get the video to play when i click the button-- it is not working the same way as the audio object when i click a button for that.

I would be grateful for any help at all &&

kind regards, mark-p.

• Hm? There is a Video Object? Or is it a plugin?

Either way, best thing to do right now is to link 'dat capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Without the .capx it's hard to say but a few suggestions:

Are you certain you are using the Button Objects's conditions to test for click?

Have you imported the video file?

Have you put the exact video file name in the correct source field for the Video plugin?

e.g. if the video is a webm video entitled 'myway.webm' then that should be the exact file name you should use, no quotes, in the webm source field.

• Manual Entry

It covers it nicely. I was playing around the other day. Pretty cool addition indead.

Take note of this [quote:2ik7anv7]Due to the complexities of video compression and the patent-encumbrance of h.264, Construct 2 does not provide a video importer like it does with audio. You must encode your video files yourself, and then import them as project files.

Also what browser as not all browsers play ogg files. You have to import each format as project file.

THese are the formats:

WebM source

Ogg Theora source

H.264

The play/stop/pause etc is easy once it is set up properly - check the manual entry.

• Hey "DUTOIT"-- thanks-- i would goto the tutorial-- but there is no tutorial-- && it does not "Do It Nicely" as of yet < if there is a Tut, i cannot find it && if someone will shoot the link to me here i will be very grateful >.

Also-- are ya'll saying that i have to put all three formats of the same video clip into the project to get it to play on ANY browser as opposed to EVERY browser ??

Anyway-- there's not really any need for a capx-- i have one button, one video object, one .ogv file-- that is all && i will post a screenshot or two && yes-- as far as i can tell-- i have loaded the correct file name into the correct field. Again, if someone knows the location of a tutorial or wants to write one and shoot me the link-- i will be very grateful. I just need to be able to get it to play when i click the button for now &&

kind regards, mark-p.

• Why can I not delete this ??

• I've attached a .capx. Does this work for you?

If not, what browsers are you testing on?

• Also-- are ya'll saying that i have to put all three formats of the same video clip into the project to get it to play on ANY browser as opposed to EVERY browser ??

Yip, you need all three video formats to play in all the main browsers. Google html5 video player - that is what this is, it will show you what browsers play what files etc etc

There are no tutorials yet, as it was just released to beta a week or so ago.

The main man "zenox98" has put a capx above which should solve it for you.

• DUTOIT-- you da man !!! thanks so much for your help && for your time.

kind regards, mark-p.

• > zenox98-- you also-- are da man-- thanks you so much for your time and your help-- i am grateful to you &&

kind regards, mark-p.

• > Hey-- i got it to work. Obviously there are some things that are going to have to be changed and some other things that are going to have to be added-- but, i got it to work and am very, very grateful to the both of you guys. >> FYI to anybody else-- you DO NOT have to add all 3 video formats to get it to play in ANY as opposed to EVERY browser-- I got it to run on Google Chrome with ONLY the ".ogv" file format < as did the demo capx file sent to me and posted above.

Also-- the problem for me was this-- I am in the habit of building my own buttons from a .png sprite that I import and screw around with-- this will NOT work here. Here you MUST use the pre-built button object from the drop-down menu-- otherwise you cannot get the "On-Clicked" functionality that comes with the pre-built button object-- and is required to get this to work in the "capx" demo file that was sent to me.

Again-- thanks to ya'll SO much &&

kind regards, mark-p.

• Hello!

I tried to build the APK from Video.capx using the Intel XDK, but does not work on any Android device

Any idea how to make it work ?.

Thank you!

• I've attached a .capx. Does this work for you?

If not, what browsers are you testing on?

Much gratitude to you for this zenox98

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)