How do I give a condition for an event in different layout

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • I'm trying to give a condition for an event to happen in another layout.

I tried "include" but didn't work!

SOS

• You would need to use a global variable to do that.. or maybe call a function, haven't used Construct2 functions across multiple sheets yet but it "should" work...

• You would need to use a global variable to do that.. or maybe call a function, haven't used Construct2 functions across multiple sheets yet but it "should" work...

Thanks! How can I call a function though?

• Add function object by double clicking layout white space and selecting it (like you would add keyboard or mouse, etc). Then you can use function events and actions.

You will need a basic scripting understanding of what functions are/do though.

• A function isn't going to help. Only one Layout exists at a time, so you need to store the data, in a global, for example, and grab it when the new layout starts-up.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Add function object by double clicking layout white space and selecting it (like you would add keyboard or mouse, etc). Then you can use function events and actions.

You will need a basic scripting understanding of what functions are/do though.

A function isn't going to help. Only one Layout exists at a time, so you need to store the data, in a global, for example, and grab it when the new layout starts-up.

I will try the global variables approach.

Thanks both of you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)