How do I go about making a game like..

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed May 04, 2016 11:28 pm

dont get scared of the AI ... remember there is not yet a real "AI" out there but a pattern recognition that is built by you.. so you tell the "AI" what to do when something comes near it or what happens when it should act as idle ... all those are easy stuff.. C2 like systems are the future ... eases the job for you so you have to focus on the graphics and other aspects of the game. while programming in events might get challenging sometimes is nothing in comparison of a normal coder/programmer wold do... that is type tens/hundreds/even thousands of lines of code so he can move a square on a 8 way direction... where in c2 you have all that already built... and u just link them ... you will see later as you learn using it ...you will end up loving it :D hope we see soon some small demo :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 05, 2016 1:10 am

TabloidA wrote:You can make potentially anything in Construct 2. It gives you the tools, the only thing you need is the time, patience, and skills to pull a polished game off. Games like The Next Penelope are perfect examples of this.

So yes, you can do something like that. But it's going to take a lot of work. Best of luck!

Yea, I said the same thing about that game. Know any other examples of great polished games made in this engine? The site only features 3, that could just mean it's not as popular as game maker or the other engines but game maker has an extensive library of games made, I know dozens of devs use construct 2, so what gives?
B
S

Post » Thu May 05, 2016 1:17 am

gamecorpstudio wrote:dont get scared of the AI ... remember there is not yet a real "AI" out there but a pattern recognition that is built by you.. so you tell the "AI" what to do when something comes near it or what happens when it should act as idle ... all those are easy stuff.. C2 like systems are the future ... eases the job for you so you have to focus on the graphics and other aspects of the game. while programming in events might get challenging sometimes is nothing in comparison of a normal coder/programmer wold do... that is type tens/hundreds/even thousands of lines of code so he can move a square on a 8 way direction... where in c2 you have all that already built... and u just link them ... you will see later as you learn using it ...you will end up loving it :D hope we see soon some small demo :D
yea I'll definitely keep this updated, I've used MMF2 years ago, so yea I should have some sort of understanding, conventional coding just seems kinda archaic at this point because of the difficulty to make something as simple as what is able to be made in 5 mins in these engines, vs unity or game maker, the events option also teaches you coding in a way too.
B
S

Post » Thu May 05, 2016 12:11 pm

I like giving game advice more than I actually like making games ;)

B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?