How do I Go from an animation to another

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Ninja char for your game! Make your own Shinobi game with this art.
  • I recently added Push and pull option to my game so i could drag objects and Ive set the push animation to pull but its still doing the walk one. Same for pull and i cant seem to fix it. Here is a vid of what im talking about

• Your game currently is changing frames of the first animation.

To change the animation (a different set of frames), that you have designed, choose "Set Animation" in the Actions of your Player object, and write the name of the animation in double quotations like "Push" (or whatever you have named it within the Sprite editor)

• is what i use on the Gif from the thread ius that what you mean, because if it is, i doesn't work for me

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ..because there are too many conditions, which may not necessarily be true.

For example: Why do you have Player.Y > Box.Y ? The overlaper and X comparison is sufficient.

And then you have Player.X < Box.X, which is not true, because player.X is > (greater than) the Box.X as in your first post.

Make the changes, and let me know if it worked.

• Ok so i tried what you told me and i was just not able to move the box anymore.

Can you tell me exactly what to do because i think i did it wrong so here the original event sheet

Tell what changes i have to do

• Alright, now you posted the whole programming where you had both: Pushing from left and right, and pulling from left and right.

Now, please change the X comparison back to how it was. I didn't know you had done this down below.

Let me know if it worked now..

• Nope the animation is still the first frame of my walking animation

• Check if some other event is forcing it to have the First "Animation" anywhere else?

Like for example, you may have done: If D is down, then Set Animation to "Walk". That will prevent you to change the animation to "Push" or "Pull" while D is down.

Otherwise, if no luck, upload your capx so I can trouble-shoot.

• Omaga Im dumbbbbbb

Look

Now i understand so i basicly have to remove this but how will i make him do the walk anim when moving ?

• Check if some other event is forcing it to have the First "Animation" anywhere else?

Like for example, you may have done: If D is down, then Set Animation to "Walk". That will prevent you to change the animation to "Push" or "Pull" while D is down.

Otherwise, if no luck, upload your capx so I can trouble-shoot.

(read previous post)

How do i fix it now

• AH See !! I knew it

Anyway, there are many different ways, but as long as your game will remain simple, you can use another condition with all those Keyboard conditions above:

and overlaper NOT overlapping with Box.

So it will look like this:

-------------------------------

Keyboard D is down . . . . . . . . . . . . then set Animation to "Walk" and simulate Right.

X

Overlaper Overlapping with Box

------------------------------

• Hey dude you really helped me out, i just wanna say thx for the time u spent trying to help me! Now my thing work fine!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)