How do I go to next level when object stops moving?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:19 am

Hi!

I started using this program earlier this week to have something to do after school.
I went trought a couple tutorials and it feels like i am making progress learning this every day. :)
Yesterday i started making a really simple game but i got stuck when i wanted to add a condition for proceeding to the layout (level).

The game consists of a box that is being dropped. The goal is to hit a small platform on the ground to proceed to the next level. :lol:

I got everything working just fine but when i try to add a condition that the box cant move when on the platform the game wont move on the the next level.

What i did:

This works:

Event: BOX on collision with GOAL
Action: System Go to next layout

Trying to add the condition that the box cant move while on platform:

Event: BOX on collision with GOAL
Sub-event: BOX Physics overall velocity = 0
Action: SYSTEM Go to next layout

When i open the game with my firefox browser in the debugger mode i can see that both X and Y velocities are both 0. Anyone know why the game wont go to the next layout? :roll:

Ive been trying to figure out whats wrong but cant seem to get it working properly. :?
B

Post » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:50 am

At the moment of the collision the speed of the object obviously isn't 0, else the actions attached to the event would run..
It might be 0 one tick later, but you are checking it at the exact tick the collision occurs..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:42 pm

I was so stupid!
Obviously the velocity is not 0 when the collision occurs! :roll:
How could I not figure that out? :oops:

But I got this working now! Thank you LittleStain! :)
B

Return to How do I....?