How do I [Google Play Leaderboards]

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:34 am

Ashley wrote:The events in your screenshots make no sense. When the hi-scores are received, you just request the hi-scores again, so it will loop around and around constantly making more requests. Google Play might even have temporarily banned you for making too many requests.


I still have this problem however, perhaps this screenshot will help?
Image

Second part is merely to see if the request is successful by playing a sound.
B
17
S
2
G
6
Posts: 16
Reputation: 4,292

Post » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Do you have triggers to handle all errors as well and display them if any occur? Otherwise how do you know if anything is going wrong?
Scirra Founder
B
399
S
236
G
89
Posts: 24,523
Reputation: 195,378

Post » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:31 pm

Ashley wrote:Do you have triggers to handle all errors as well and display them if any occur? Otherwise how do you know if anything is going wrong?


In further testing I have yes, as far as I can tell there are no errors in console or failures being triggered. Auth works fine and shows the little banner popup. Is there a place I can go in the Google Dev backend to see if score submission is actually working?

I hope I'm not being a pain here, and that this is all very experimental. Just trying to get to the bottom of it. :mrgreen:
B
17
S
2
G
6
Posts: 16
Reputation: 4,292

Post » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Ashley wrote:Do you have triggers to handle all errors as well and display them if any occur? Otherwise how do you know if anything is going wrong?


I redid the code, and added a few triggers. My scores are posting, and "On High-Score Request Success" Web alert saying "working." It is working according to that, but not visibly showing the leaderboard.
B
37
S
11
G
4
Posts: 96
Reputation: 4,237

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:53 pm

Same problem here...
B
7
S
1
Posts: 21
Reputation: 581

Post » Wed May 20, 2015 5:38 am

I'm also experiencing A similar problem.
B
4
Posts: 4
Reputation: 213

Post » Wed May 20, 2015 4:34 pm

simonzwick wrote:I'm also experiencing A similar problem.

I have figured this out, so if you like, you can send me a PM and tell me exactly what you are having problems with and I can help you out :D
My issue I was experiencing when I started this thread was continuous looping (as @Ashley pointed out) and the fact that I was not doing google play services correctly in Google's Developer console. All my issues have been resolved and if you need help, shoot me a message and we can get it working for ya :D
B
37
S
11
G
4
Posts: 96
Reputation: 4,237

Post » Thu May 21, 2015 11:29 am

Drewford wrote:I have looked everywhere on the forums and cannot find anything up to date on the matter, but here is my issue. I have the new beta build of construct 2 (r185), and trying out the Google Play Leaderboards. This is something I have been trying to impliment for a span of days and keep getting stuck. I have finally got the scores to post! YAY!! But I cannot figure out how to view the leaderboards in game, atleast on the preview. I have my http that the game tests on added to my testing addresses, so that allowed the scores to post. I can't figure out how to make the leaderboards show up in game though.. here is some screenshots of my latest attempt.
Capture1.JPG
Capture.JPG

This is the only thing that's holding me back from releasing my leaderboard update for my android app.
Thanks in advance!


The built in plugin is based on Web, if you want to publish to android I would recommend CocoonJS or the Phonegap Plugin Game.
https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-free-game-templates/game-template-2-leaderboard-538

Regards
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
102
S
37
G
31
Posts: 1,162
Reputation: 28,879

Post » Thu May 21, 2015 4:32 pm

AndreasR wrote:
Drewford wrote:I have looked everywhere on the forums and cannot find anything up to date on the matter, but here is my issue. I have the new beta build of construct 2 (r185), and trying out the Google Play Leaderboards. This is something I have been trying to impliment for a span of days and keep getting stuck. I have finally got the scores to post! YAY!! But I cannot figure out how to view the leaderboards in game, atleast on the preview. I have my http that the game tests on added to my testing addresses, so that allowed the scores to post. I can't figure out how to make the leaderboards show up in game though.. here is some screenshots of my latest attempt.
Capture1.JPG
Capture.JPG

This is the only thing that's holding me back from releasing my leaderboard update for my android app.
Thanks in advance!


The built in plugin is based on Web, if you want to publish to android I would recommend CocoonJS or the Phonegap Plugin Game.
https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-free-game-templates/game-template-2-leaderboard-538

Regards


I have now fixed the issue by using Cranberrygame's GAME plugin. Also wrote a tutorial about it concerning the proper way to upload an alpha/beta apk to the store. AndreasR, I owe a lot to you as well, your tutorials on shatter-box helped a ton :D
B
37
S
11
G
4
Posts: 96
Reputation: 4,237

Post » Sun May 24, 2015 7:03 am

Drewford wrote:
AndreasR wrote:
Drewford wrote:I have looked everywhere on the forums and cannot find anything up to date on the matter, but here is my issue. I have the new beta build of construct 2 (r185), and trying out the Google Play Leaderboards. This is something I have been trying to impliment for a span of days and keep getting stuck. I have finally got the scores to post! YAY!! But I cannot figure out how to view the leaderboards in game, atleast on the preview. I have my http that the game tests on added to my testing addresses, so that allowed the scores to post. I can't figure out how to make the leaderboards show up in game though.. here is some screenshots of my latest attempt.
Capture1.JPG
Capture.JPG

This is the only thing that's holding me back from releasing my leaderboard update for my android app.
Thanks in advance!


The built in plugin is based on Web, if you want to publish to android I would recommend CocoonJS or the Phonegap Plugin Game.
https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-free-game-templates/game-template-2-leaderboard-538

Regards


I have now fixed the issue by using Cranberrygame's GAME plugin. Also wrote a tutorial about it concerning the proper way to upload an alpha/beta apk to the store. AndreasR, I owe a lot to you as well, your tutorials on shatter-box helped a ton :D


You're welcome :) Glad to hear that :)
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
102
S
37
G
31
Posts: 1,162
Reputation: 28,879

Previous

Return to How do I....?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ALLMarkMade and 25 guests