How do I group objects together?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:25 am

If you want to move one object and have the child objects follow, you can always use the Pin behavior.
Be sure to check out my Metroidvania game, A Hole in the Earth
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:15 am

RamPackWobble wrote:Any chance you can post a link to your capx ?

Sure here are two, "Experiment 3" is the one with working stuff. "Experiment 3 copy" is an example of which the problem is existing.

(Note: Test "experiment 3 copy" by clicking the red button, and then clicking the spot where the 1st red button is underneath the blue square. You can still click that when you don't want it to!)

BTW this capx is so ghetto and 100% not the most efficient way to achieve this :P

Experiment 3
dropbox.com/s/0gf49gusnsylymb/experiment3.capx?dl=0

Experiment 3 Copy
dropbox.com/s/wxkbaqcvi1ntgzp/experiment3%20-%20Copy.capx?dl=0
B

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:18 am

ryanrybot wrote:If you want to move one object and have the child objects follow, you can always use the Pin behavior.

Don't worry, I got the problem solved, but in a messy way ha. Check out the post above/the 2 capx files if you're interested.
I needed a second button to appear exactly like in the capx, instead of moving the first button to where 2nd button position was.
B

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Sorry I have had a couple of chaotic days with no time for C2 :(

I will have a look tomorrow.

Edit 28/10/15
10pm and my computer is back up and running :)

I will have a look tomorrow. (sorry)
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:51 pm

Not 100% sure of your intention but one thing that does stand out the unnecessary "every tick" with the sub events - try removing that...
also the first ("line" 2) where you are making sprite and sprite 2 invisible ? :?

Sorry for the delay.
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:24 am

RamPackWobble wrote:Not 100% sure of your intention but one thing that does stand out the unnecessary "every tick" with the sub events - try removing that...
also the first ("line" 2) where you are making sprite and sprite 2 invisible ? :?

Sorry for the delay.

Not sure whether you still think I am stuck, or wondering how I came to my solution?

Either ways, the "Experiment 3 Copy.capx" is the solution to my problem, albeit in a weird way, so don't worry, it has been solved. :)
B

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:40 pm

Message: panku can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
RamPackWobble wrote:example of grouping using container

https://goo.gl/XaQv7C

This example was what I was looking for in order to understand containers (and the solution for my problem)!!... Thnx a lot!!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:19 am

Mainly Short Command For All Software is CTRL + G, you can try out this on all main software like power point ,Photoshop etc..
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?