How do I Have a object on the Level move towards a GUI asset

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Working on a platformer project at the moment that has a collectable mechanic within it and we are looking for a way to have the collectable move towards the GUI asset that keeps score of the collectables , much like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZC3g-6R3a0

we are either looking for a way to translate coordinates from one layer to another or tell the object to move somewhere on the screen rather than in the layout , thus far i have been unsuccessful in finding anything useful

any help even just pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated , thanks very much.
B

Post » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:41 pm

Use the CanvasToLayer and LayerToCanvas expressions. When the player grabs an item, use the expression to translate the position from the regular layer to the UI layer. There's also a "Is on layer" condition for the object, which should be useful
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:45 pm

Ah thank you i will give it a try , i dis see the Canvastolayer but not the reversal earlier , thank you very much.
B

Return to How do I....?