How do I have a sprite (monster) continuously follow player?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:15 am

Hey guys, how you all doing? I have just gotten Construct 2 this past week and been having a blast! I've made a few games by myself, and it's just so much easier than Unity. Anyways, I've been having this idea all week for a game, but I have a few problems. First off, let me give you my idea. It's kind of a spinoff of SAS 3, that one zombie assault game on Ninja Kiwi. I absolutely love that game, so in honor of it I'm not going to be publishing it, otherwise I feel like a cheater. It will just be for my friends on local LAN. Anyways, I have this problem. I don't know how to have a zombie continuously follow the player and come up and attack him. I have the spawning all figured out, but this I don't get. I have already used the tutorial on the Space Shooter demo. But that kind of AI isn't exactly what I have in mind. If some of you understand what I'm talking about please let me know, or point me to a tutorial already on Scirra. And for those of you who don't, play SAS 3 (it's a blast) and watch how the zombies follow the player and stuff. I just can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Sorry if this has already been asked on the forums
B

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:37 am

Hello EightyHD, I've never played SAS 3 so I'm not sure exactly what you're after but I'm guessing the "Pathfinding with line of sight" tutorial might be helpful to you even if it's not exactly what you need, maybe you can modify it to work in the way you'd like.

Tutorial is here > https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/474/pa ... e-of-sight
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:39 pm

Thank You! I'll give this a go!
B

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:27 am

B
S
G

Return to How do I....?