How do I have game send a real 'TEXT MESSAGE' to a phone?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:50 am

Is there an easy way possible to create a game/app so that when a person clicks on a button, it will send a text message to somebody's phone?

I see that I can have a particular webpage loaded, or an email sent, but I can't figure out how to have it send a text message. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
B
S

Post » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:00 am

You'd have to use a text message API like Twilio ( https://www.twilio.com ) which is an outside service and will cost you money. You can find more services like that by searching "SMS API."

From their you'd use the WebSocket Plugin to communicate with Twilio. Here is a stackexchange thread regarding it - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1394 ... lient-side

Hopefully that will point you in the right direction, sorry that I can't provide a comprehensive answer.
B
S

Post » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:49 am

are you doing it for mobile or web? if you're doing mobile, consider using XDK / Cordova with Cranberry's plugins. There is a Social Network Sharing plugin that allows you to call on iOS / Android share features like text messaging. I'm using it in my game and it works great.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:22 am

@part12studios Please tell me how to do it, i am using intel XDK and cordova
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:29 pm

@ashesh if you get the plugin, look in there for the readme. Cranberry plugins are good about offering examples and a basic explanation. Try it out and see how far you get. I'm not sure if it's one of the free ones or if it's a paid plugin (he has some free and some paid). I paid the $25 to get the full suite of plugins and would advise anyone else do the same to support the awesome work he's done.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?