How do I High Score Screen?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Hi Everyone!

While I am developing this game, I wanted to make a High Score Screen, which at the time of losing is the best score per character, however each screen (see image) is different Layout.

See Images

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ce0cbykzv8xt9fr/help_9.png?dl=0

I need help to finish this part and pass the final project process, please.

Thanks

Cheers!!!

• So what's the problem? Global variables should be accessible from all layouts.

Make a separate global variable for each of your characters and that's it.

You can also use a dictionary or an array to store high scores, set Global=yes and they will also be accessible from any layout.

• Thank you very much once more in answering dop2000, I have searched the tutorials within the forum and in none of the cases, it has not worked for me, I am trying to try a character to replicate it with the others.

Event Sheet In Game & High Score

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3vawh7g740t3at/help_10.PNG?dl=0

I hope to understand how this function works.

Thank!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you share a capx? It is easier to address a problem if we can actually see the code and run tests.

Cheers.

• Hi Bruno

I prefer not to share the capx, so sorry.

However, I explain what I need, within the game you can select 4 different character which each has its global variable in the points and when the game ends (after the game over), I want to create a high score screen, showing the scores of each character.

However I have reviewed tutorials and tried to replicate, this function.

The score is based on a bitmap font that I created myself.

I hope a solution is possible, since I have occupied an array for this purpose, but nothing happens.

Thanks

• You have a global variable Score_Soldier containing high score for this character, right?

And a Text object (or maybe a SpriteFont, doesn't matter) on your High Scores layout to display this score, let's say it's called Score_Soldier_Text.

All you need to do in your event sheet is this:

Score_Soldier_Text -> Set Text -> Score_Soldier

It's no different to that timer countdown you did a couple of weeks ago.

Repeat the process for the remaining 3 scores.

• You have a global variable Score_Soldier containing high score for this character, right?

And a Text object (or maybe a SpriteFont, doesn't matter) on your High Scores layout to display this score, let's say it's called Score_Soldier_Text.

All you need to do in your event sheet is this:

Score_Soldier_Text -> Set Text -> Score_Soldier

It's no different to that timer countdown you did a couple of weeks ago.

Repeat the process for the remaining 3 scores.

Thank you once again for answering, I was proving what you say for the soldier's score, but nothing happens and I have tried with other actions, but it does not save any score.

My Event High Score

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9uvwjsgwf28bnk/help_11.PNG?dl=0

I thank you for your help.

• Run your game in Debug Mode (Ctrl-F4)

Find Score_Soldier in the list of variable and see what happens with it, what value it holds.

Also just as an experiment change you action to Score_Soldier_Text -> Set Text to "1234567890"

See if this sprite font object can display numbers.

If nothing helps, please share your capx. It's impossible to find the problem with just your screenshots.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)