How do I ignore/stop ignoring pathfinding behaviors?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:52 pm

This tutorial shows how to select characters to move individually via 8 directional movement, I would like to know how to do the same thing with pathfinding instead of 8 direction movement. Would it require the devs to implement a "start ignoring pathfinding" and "stop ignoring pathfinding" action? I tried using the "stop pathfinging" action which only caused all units to not move at all. Maybe there is a creative alternative Im not considering? Any help would be so appreciated.-Jay

(Just realized I dont have the reputation to post URLs so if anyone is interested, googling "construct 2 switching characters" will bring the link up as the first option in the search engine.)
B

Post » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:01 pm

If you want them to move individually , you have to make seperate paths.
Either through pathfinding or through other events.
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:14 am

You can stop individual objects from pathfinding. Perhaps you're picking all of your characters instead of just the one you want to stop. Or am I misunderstanding?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:23 am

codah wrote:You can stop individual objects from pathfinding. Perhaps you're picking all of your characters instead of just the one you want to stop. Or am I misunderstanding?

I have 3 units and want to be able to select them individually to move using the pathfinding behavior. I have followed the advice of the tutorial I described above but that tut is for objects using the 8 direction movement which has a preprogrammed "start ignoring 8 directional movement" and "stop ignoring 8 directional movement" and for some reason the pathfinding behavior does not have the same ignore option.
B

Post » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:49 am

Does the attached capx help at all?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:22 am

codah wrote:Does the attached capx help at all?

That is closer to what I want, but can it be done using a method where the player actually selects one of the units and then chooses the target using "mouse.x, mouse.y" or "touch.x, touch.y".
B

Post » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:30 am

Yes that should be a simple change.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:41 pm

codah wrote:Yes that should be a simple change.

It worked perfectly, thanks so much. +rep
B

Return to How do I....?