How Do I implement 8 Direction Jumping?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:54 pm

Sup peeps
Im in need of a big favor, I have hit a wall when it comes to controls for 8 direction movement behavior. Im trying to create a jump effect with this behavior and im kinda stumped on how to do it without the use of a shadow sprite under my player like every capX I found told me to do.
All of the threads I have found seem to have similar outcomes which dont help my situation at all.If someone knows how to create this jumping effect could you give me a few seconds of your knowledge.
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:13 pm

What's wrong with using a shadow sprite?

Another way would be to scale the player sprite as it jumps, for I guess 8 direction behaviour means you are making a top-down game.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:15 pm

How could I leave out the most crucial details! Im sorry @LittleStain and its for platformer
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:19 pm

[QUOTE=LittleStain] What's wrong with using a shadow sprite?

Another way would be to scale the player sprite as it jumps, for I guess 8 direction behaviour means you are making a top-down game.[/QUOTE]

I just want a similar platformer jump but with 8 direction controls if its possible,Its very common in AAA games,im very surprised it isnt withen the behavior itself.
thanks for your reply and I apologize for not being detailed
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:20 pm

Why not just use the platformer-behaviour for that?
It has jump controls implemented.

I'm not sure how to create a side-view jump with 8 direction behaviour, which would look acceptable.
Only way I can think of is to disable 8 direction and enable bullet with gravity when jumping, might be interesting, hmmmm..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:39 pm

Just so we know exactly what you are referring to, could you give an example of a game that has the 8 directional behavior you are interested in?
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:43 pm

[QUOTE=zenox98] Just so we know exactly what you are referring to, could you give an example of a game that has the 8 directional behavior you are interested in?[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in this too, could be he's just referring to being able to use (keyboard)input in 8 directions, which isn't any issue ofcourse..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:06 pm

@LittleStain @zenox98

Here is a link to a video,its the only preview I found. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYGNgb91MwU

I just want to be able to jump,i know everything else but how to create this, every single way I found on the forums asks to make a shadow and attach my player to that shadow.
@zenox98 I want to thank you and LittleStain for your willingness to help me.I think once its figured out it will deserve a spot in the tutorial section. TheNewGuy2014-01-12 20:51:46
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:42 pm

Anyone have an explanation on how to create this type of jump with 8 direction movement?
I have looked everywhere and there are no absolute solutions to this issue.
maybe @Yann could come give a hand aswell,thats if he isnt too busy
Im sorry for a double post, I just am running out of time near wifi.
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:50 am

Shadow is the easiest way by far. I suppose you could fake it using the same technique as the shadow only without the actual shadow sprite in place, if you have a really good jump animation set up on your character.
B
S
G

Next

Return to How do I....?