How do I implement Leaderboards and Ads ?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
StartApp Ads
$11.99 USD
[ C2 ] [ C3 ] support C3 build service | You can use Banner Ads, Interstitial Ads and Video Reward Ads.
  • How can I implement Leaderboards (online high-scores) or what service should I use ?

What Ads publisher should I use ? The game will be published first on Tizen and after that on Android, WindowsPhone8 and maybe other platforms.

• It's not easy, you need server-side service such as .php, .asp or some language to GET and POST scores in database via AJAX, also you should allow cross-domain.

There an easy solution, you should look up about Clay.io plugin.

• Thanks, I've found some nice examples in Frequently Asked Questions, but it would take me too much time ... I will probably implement it later (in update).

What about Ads ? What Ads provider should I use ? Priority is the Tizen platform.

• It's not easy, you need server-side service such as .php, .asp or some language to GET and POST scores in database via AJAX, also you should allow cross-domain.

There an easy solution, you should look up about Clay.io plugin.

Do clay.io leaderboards have to be implemented on that site, or would it also work with something like an android game?

You don't need to host your game on clay.io to use their leaderboard system (crazy & over-generous if you ask me!).

I don't know how to use the leaderboard plugin with cocoonjs although it does appear to be supported in the documentation - and I have no idea if it would work with phonegap (might give that option a try myself in a while....) or intel xdk.

The clay.io plugin is rich with features and with some simple planning you can display the leaderboard embedded in your game using text objects without having to resort to using the clay.io popup window.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ..... Priority is the Tizen platform.

clay.io have a distribute to tizen option. I haven't tried it (yet....) but it might be worth investigating.

You don't need to host your game on clay.io to use their leaderboard system (crazy & over-generous if you ask me!).

I don't know how to use the leaderboard plugin with cocoonjs although it does appear to be supported in the documentation - and I have no idea if it would work with phonegap (might give that option a try myself in a while....) or intel xdk.

The clay.io plugin is rich with features and with some simple planning you can display the leaderboard embedded in your game using text objects without having to resort to using the clay.io popup window.

Thanks I'll look into it then...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)