How Do I Implement Magnet Behaviors?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Before I get into the real question, I want to elaborate on what I am trying to do first.

I trying to develop a Puzzle Platform game in which the player controls a girl who uses magnet powers. When I press the 'X' button I want her to change color; Red for North and Blue for South.

If she is Blue and on an south block she'll be repulsed into the air. If she is in a Red magnetic field she'll be pulled in.

I can get her to change color, flip upside down by using gravity.

I'm thinking of using the overlap feature for the magnetic fields, but I don't know how to do the repulsion.

I also have a problem when you try to walk when she's flipped. She move left when you hold down the right key. I don't know if it's possible to invert those.

Any help is appreciated.

• Here's an idea on how to do the magnet repulsion and attraction:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5426011/examples13/magnet.capx

• Thanks for posting. I can't seem to open it, because it says it from a newer version. I'm guessing the free version does not come with updates.

I need to look into this "problem" which my not be a "problem" at all.

Any thoughts?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • To get the latest beta release, click on the link on the bottom of the front page, or just click the one in my signature.

• Thank you! That did the trick.

I'm new to this program, so I don't know it's ins and outs yet. I'll be sure to bookmark that page.

• Awesome example R0J0hound! That just what I need. Now to get all the pieces in order.

• Wow! Excellent example R0J0hound! Could be used for so many cool effects! :D

• This is the raw basics. Please don't mind the temp-art. I'll be making real graphics shortly after I get the engine running.

DL Link

Here's the demo. Press X to change color. Try to get to the other side.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)