How do I Implement Steam Overlay?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • I have the game working in steam 100% with it able to choose between 32 bit and 64 bit automatically, but I can't seem to quite figure out how to implement steam SDK features. Will I need to create my own javascript plugin or are there ones that already exist for this purpose?

• I didn't find anything for C2 Steam Overlay, so it looks like you are writing a new plugin. Please share it when you are done!

• To get steam overlay working:

1. Open the exported nw folder of your game.

2. Rename package.nw to package.zip and open it with winzip or winrar.

3. In the zip, find and open package.json with notepad and add "--in-process-GPU" as the last arg in the code.

4. Save and close

5. Rename the package.zip back to package.nw

6. Upload or open with steam and overlay should work when clicking shift+tab.

And read this thread and you'll find solutions for most of your steam problems.

You can also change so NW exports the game with the in-process-GPU arg so you don't have to redo this every time.

Good luck with your project!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • To get steam overlay working:

1. Open the exported nw folder of your game.

2. Rename package.nw to package.zip and open it with winzip or winrar.

3. In the zip, find and open package.json with notepad and add "--in-process-GPU" as the last arg in the code.

4. Save and close

5. Rename the package.zip back to package.nw

6. Upload or open with steam and overlay should work when clicking shift+tab.

And read this thread and you'll find solutions for most of your steam problems.

You can also change so NW exports the game with the in-process-GPU arg so you don't have to redo this every time.

Good luck with your project!

Thanks a lot! But when I do that I get this error:

Any idea why?

• That is a JSON syntax error.

If you know how to use Java, you can run the contents of that file through the Google Gson parser and it will tell you exactly what the syntax error is.

Or you can just open it and go to the line column indicated and fix the error in the JSON.

Or you can send the file to me, I have a program already setup to check my own JSON.

Most of my JSON errors are either missing or extra commas, missing } or { or extra {, }, [, or ] or type errors where I have "" when I shouldn't, etc.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)