How do I import capx or .caproject in a Main project ?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:58 pm

Hi,

I have a Main Project (Main Game) and I wanted to add mini-games in it. So I bought a template with .capx files but I don't figure out how I can import this mini-game in my Main project.

I tried many solutions since days, tried to import either a capx file or either the .caproject template) or either the layouts and sheets and graphisms manually in windows explorer but can't find a solution.

So please, does someone here could help me and give me a solution ?

Many thx :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:27 pm

I dont think you can, but you can always rebuild those caps inside your main cap. Will take some time but should work.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:44 pm

Thanks but what do you mean by "rebuilt these capx inside"? Can you explain me that in details please ? Sorry....

Or at least, if I could export or copy the Layout + eventsheet + graphics and sounds from this template (Mini-game) and then import and paste them in my Main Project easily, that would be very helpful and easier. But how is it possible ?

thx
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:07 am

you need to recreate the same objects and variables with same names to be able to copy and paste the code.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:31 pm

Message: ETgirl79 can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Ok thank you very much. It works now :)

And I also found this video link that explain all very simply if someone else is interested :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bsYdHtyvzc

Indeed, the instance variables + the Families are not copied and we have to add them at the end.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?