How do I increase the FPS on my mobile phone?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:01 am

Hi guys. I have created a simple 2d game for mobile phones. The game is VERY SIMPLE, few animations and sprites on screen but the game runs so slow! I tested it on Cocoonjs on my iPhone 4. Any solution for this? Or just is my phone? Thank you and sorry for my bad english!
B

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:29 am

Try reducing the size of the images,
See if your mobile is blacklisted,
and finally see the programming, you can put a small piece of code to see if this is the problem.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:15 am

Another thing you might want to try is destroying unneeded objects like the ones that aren't visible. If the game is a side scroller like flappy bird, you could put a line of code in that destroys anything that is passed the 0 pixels mark. Also, like Iceangel said, check the size of your images. Depending on how little they are, you might even want to make them a bit bigger (i.e makes more sense to have 1 solid ground sprite than many instances of a ground sprite on screen making the processing heavier)

Worst case scenario, you have a crappy phone! ;)

Hope it helps!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:46 am

Also I would recommend checking your game through the debugger to see if any unexpected things are happening and what part of your game is taking up the largest amount of memory/processing time..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?