How do I jump psysics

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Hello!!!
First, sorry for my bad english....

Ok, I am trying by means of the physics That my player does a jump, but only one, which does not repeat itself.
I am using across the touch, a tactile control.
When it touches the button of the jump, that the player goes towards the direction ...."Y".
With a touch in the control it jumps, but if I continue touching the control, continues jumping...And it is what I do not want that it does.

I try it with variables, but I do not obtain it....
I need something from help, thanks.....I think that I am very awkward ..... snif

Something that....

on touched "Btjump"=Player-Applu psysics impulse ...0,25 at image point

Variable player...Jump.....etc...
I don´t know
B

Post » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:07 am

No need for physics to jump. just use on touched/ Set y to Self.y-number of desired height i.e 500. check out the Flappy bird template included with C2 if you don't understand hat im saying
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:20 pm

I understand what you say to me, but....
My game this one based on the physics.
so, on flappy bird template, the player " flies".....
Alone I want that it moves to the point....Y..... .....An alone time on having pulsated on the screen.
But, that does not do it, if I pulsate again repeatedly.....

on touched object>(my object)>apply impulse...x=0...Y=50.....

The player moves towards the point Y, But if the object (my object)touches itself again, again it returns to move, giving the sensation that it flies,And it is what I do not want.
Only I want that it does this movement towards the point...Y, is overlapping a platform(for example)....
B

Post » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:07 pm

ok i understand you now. you could add a second condition to your touch event is overlapping(ground object) at offset y-1
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:55 pm

aja.....
Something like that was fulfilling the condition to jump, only in the platforms that I decide.
I suppose that using families....
Ok.ok....

thand youuuuuu!!!!!

I am going to try it .... jejejeje
Already I tell you...
B

Return to How do I....?