How do I keep an object within window?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:20 pm

I'll test it out on our client later, but I had issues with stuff staying where it was supposed to earlier. I'll build a test client sometime and show (along with another far more meddlesome issue that I need to resolve at some point).
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
I don't check the forums much anymore, but I will receive an email for PMs.

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:21 pm

I don't have them on one layout but spread over many layouts, each stage uses a different amount of sprites and they fit in specific place so cannot use just one.
I have behaviors and set the sprites as a family already, is it possible to add the clamp expression and add that to the family? would be cool if it can.
If it didn't have to support multiple screen sizes i know bound to layout would fix my problem in a second.
B

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:34 pm

tonton128 wrote:I don't have them on one layout but spread over many layouts, each stage uses a different amount of sprites and they fit in specific place so cannot use just one.
I have behaviors and set the sprites as a family already, is it possible to add the clamp expression and add that to the family? would be cool if it can.
If it didn't have to support multiple screen sizes i know bound to layout would fix my problem in a second.

I still think you could use less sprites, but yeah, you could add a:

system every tick
> family set X position to clamp
>family set Y position to clamp

Should work, but I would try and cut down on the number of sprites if at all possible..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:45 pm

sweet, still pretty new to this only been using for a few days. i think i could if i really tried . But if i didn't would it really be that bad? each sprite is quite small, would it just make it a huge app or would there be any other effects? sorry if its a stupid question never programmed before
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?