How do I keep track with what 'sprite' a user is working

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:01 pm

Hello,

For a little flower game i am working on i have got 5 flower pots wich al have an instance variable called PotID wich is a unique id for the pots.
How can i keep track on wich pot a player is planting, harvesting and things like that best without bugs?
Now when a player harvets pot 1 every pot is harvested..
And i dont want to make al the events fot every pot, for every seed, for everything.
That would 100's of events, thats to big for a little game..
I tried using family's for pots and seeds, but also then every thing is messed up..

Would love to hear some idea's on how to do this!
Thank you already!

Coin Clicker 2 [Play store]
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:12 pm

You have to Pick the appropriate item. If you choose PotID 1 to work on, store that, and always Pick that one first, before doing anything else. Hard to give concrete advice without seeing exactly what you are doing.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:17 am

blackhornet wrote:You have to Pick the appropriate item. If you choose PotID 1 to work on, store that, and always Pick that one first, before doing anything else. Hard to give concrete advice without seeing exactly what you are doing.

I'm sorry i always use this forum on my phone, so i cant send a screen or capx for now.
So the best thing is to always keep track what i am doing by storing the id in an global variable? That sounds logic to me, and i will try it tomorrow.
Thank you for your reaction!

Coin Clicker 2 [Play store]
B
S

Return to How do I....?