How do I, keep two players on screen??

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:30 pm

I have two players and the layout is bigger of windows size.

I want to see always the two players.
How do I ?

I tested "scroll to" in a two players, but is not a good solution becouse the players get out the screen.
Maybe layout scale :?:
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:13 pm

Well the first solution that comes to mind for me comes from old restro games like bobble bobble where IF the one player gets outside the layout the other spawns behind him.... now if the two players are not working together then I'll come back after I test a few things out....
Need Sprites For Your Next Project?
100% Vector Animated Sprites
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:49 pm

Thanks, but the spawn the second player is not good for my game.

I test this:
Player1 Scroll to
Player 2 Scroll to
even- Player 1 is on screen"invert" -- sclae layout 0.5

Maybe it could work, but now,how ido scale 1.0 when player 1 and two are close
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:57 pm

Scroll to the mid-point between the two players (+/- offset you want to make it easier to look ahead in one particular direction, for example), and then constrain the players to the visible area (simple rectangle clipping) so that they can't leave the screen

Basically, you don't scroll to a player in particular ; you compute the area you want to frame, based on the position of the 2 players, and you prevent the players from going beyond that area
Game Producer & Independent Developer - http://raphaelgervaise.com
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:30 pm

Scroll to a middle point between both players.

Check the distance between players. If it's less than the screen width set the scale to 1. If it's greater than screen width scale it propportionaly (I wouldn't use a fixed 0.5).
Bruno

I like to eat, but I'm no cook. Why liking to play games would make you a game designer?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:43 pm

brunopalermo wrote:Scroll to a middle point between both players.

Check the distance between players. If it's less than the screen width set the scale to 1. If it's greater than screen width scale it propportionaly (I wouldn't use a fixed 0.5).

Thanks
Ok, but, how i do check distance betwen players?? :lol: :lol:
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:17 pm

Event: System -> Compare Two Values Distance(p1.X,p1.Y,p2.X,p2.Y) <= WindowWidth
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:07 am

Here it is....
-system.. every tick
-----System compare to variables
-----------1000 / (distance (player1.X,player1.Y, player2.X,player2.Y)) > 1
--------------------System set layer scale to 1

-----System compare to variables
-----------1000 / (distance (player1.X,player1.Y, player2.X,player2.Y)) < or = 1
--------------------System set layer scale to 1000 / (distance (player1.X,player1.Y, player2.X,player2.Y))

Also set both all players to have the scroll to behavior.

You can make the 1000 any number you want as a min distance between players.

This will scale the layer that the players are on to a percentage relative to the distance between them. If the percentage is 100% or more of the minimum distance the the scale will be 100% or in this cause just 1.
B
S

Return to How do I....?