How do I know how to do this?

0 favourites
  • Ok i know you can make a level editor but i want to take it up a notch, for example i have completed 5 out of 20 levels and i am at the level select screen and i have a 1 star rating on level 2 and a 3 star rating on level 5 on and a 2 star rating on level 1 now these 5 levels are all unlocked and i want to click level 1 and go back and try again to get a 3 star rating and then i click the abort the level button in level 1 and i go back to the level select and i want to change the level i am on again without going back to the previous level i was just on and playing. How would i do this?

• Its very hard to udnerstand what you want.

First use paragraphs. Its hard to read column of unformatted text.

Second - either add .capx or explain possibly in bullet points both what you want to do and where do you have a problem, because from your text above it seems you didnt tried it yourself and you are looking for someone to do your job!

• Its very hard to udnerstand what you want.

First use paragraphs. Its hard to read column of unformatted text.

Second - either add .capx or explain possibly in bullet points both what you want to do and where do you have a problem, because from your text above it seems you didnt tried it yourself and you are looking for someone to do your job!

that in my situation is kind of impossible. second i am not asking for some one to do my job i am just asking for help with my problem in a example so i can implement the solution to my game, lord knows i have tried and have it up to my gutt with programs like construct 2 and game maker studio all failing with me, and thirdly the bounce action simply destroys the object instead of bouncing it in construct 2, why won't this damn program do what i want it to do, everyone else makes it look so simple while i find it a pain in the ass...

Oh one more thing, before you go accusing others of trying to get people to do the entire job for you. You may want to back up there because i have seen topics you have posted where you have done entirely exactly just that, which you accuse others of doing...

• First, I cant recall I have done this and second its just tool, dont blame it for your errors.

Without .capx imo it is impossible to tell what you want to do or what errors do you have. No reason to get all offensive.

"Destroy on bounce" is no information at all. You expect answer but you are not helpful about providing enough details...

• truefalcon If you can't post a capx, can you try and extract just the core of your problem, in terms of C2 concepts like layouts, etc. I must admit I don't understand your actual issue. Concepts like stars, levels and unlocks can be 'red herrings' for us to understand your problem

• codah my dear friend these people think we might steal their code.

• Example.

If I understand your post correctly though.

• codah my dear friend these people think we might steal their code.

Actually I understand that feeling, so I don't have a problem with that really.. But maybe a sample one would be good.

• ok here is what i am doing i am getting a round object to fall off a sqaure object once clicked the square is destroyed and then it falls using the physics behavior and then it bounces along a new slope object and towards a triangle object that is meant to destroy it, but the physics behavior does not have a bounce action so i added a extra behavior(bullet behavior) to the round object on the create event of the round object i set movement speed to 0 and physics force apply gravity to 6 and then it all was working in the test run but when the bounce action for the round object colliding with the slope event was triggered the round object did not bounce but rather instead it was destroyed. Oh also sorry i did not mean to get offensive you simply put me in a uncomfortable position where i fealt threatened.

Also i am afraid i cannot upload my .capx file as it contains all my game's material and very own art and coding and sounds and music therefore i am afraid some one may steal it and pass it off as their own.

• Sir, that is quite the run on sentence.

So basically you have a ball on a box. When the box is clicked it's destroyed and the ball falls. The ball then hits a slope, bounces and then hits a triangle.

At least that's the desired effect. So you're saying that when the ball hits the slope it gets destroyed instead of bounces? Again as stated in previous posts it's near impossible to guess what's wrong without seeing a capx. Making a copy of it and removing everything you don't want to share is one option.

A few points though.

* You said you gave the ball the physics behavior and then the bullet behavior do you can tell it to bounce. A rule of thumb is to not use other behaviors with the physics behavior, otherwise they'll clash. Furthermore the physics behavior should handle the bouncing automatically. The only parameter you have to control the amount of bounce is the elasticity of the ball and slope. After that motion should follow a realistic path.

* Unless you have an event to destroy the ball I don't think it's being destroyed. Rather I'd say it's flying off screen at a high rate of speed. Just a guess though.

• truefalcon we do not fancy sprite from you just use red box or whatever and post capx. so we can see what is going on R0J0hound is correct. R0J0hound knows best and he is well knowledgeable person. I never met R0J0hound but from his behaviour calling you SIR he is wonderful person.

• I don't suppose you could lend me a .capx file showing me where the bounce action is in the physics behavior? Please and thank you, that's all for the main time being but if someone could also show me a level select .capx file that would be also gr8ly appreciated...

I have never claimed that anyone here was not trying to help me out, I am sure this person is wonderful, but some people you meet on the internet can be about as charming as a snake from my experiences... This is however not to say I don't trust anyone here, but these days you never really know...

• truefalcon you want to learn more about PHYSICS then learn from this

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1157/p ... ng-physics

• I just checked your tutorial but I saw nowhere in it entirely about how to make a object bounce, but thanks for attempting to help me out here...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • truefalcon here bouncing Ball

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)