How do I know if video test for tablet is successful?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:18 pm

Thank you, I did take that into account, Mozilla started the video on my tablet without a need to touch and for Chrome the touch was needed.
Strange thing is that Chrome actually played both sound & video three times and then reverted to playing just sound again few times. I don't get it:(

But what should I consider to be a successful test for video on tablet? So far Mozilla is playing the video great, Chrome is playing video/playing just video-sound arbitrary from time to time..

I can test my game just fine on tablet using recommended hosting-html concept and it works great. But video is another story, I don't know how to test video playback so that I can be sure that it will work on tablet?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:30 pm

Sorry, I never answered you on my PC specs: Win7 Pro x64. ..but PC is not the problem, video works great on my PC with Chrome, Mozilla, IE and also as a NW.js win32/win64 exe file. Problems only exist with tablet testing.

To be precise, only problem is the Android application concept. If my game would be only HTML5 browser-based I could specify that all users should play it with Mozilla Firefox browser and video-playback wouldn't be a problem. But I don't know how to test a video-playback so that I can safely say it works as a Android application?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:06 pm

Hello,

Just to confirm that my problem is solved and that I managed to compile a working video inside APK file.

My process for functional video:
1. RexRainbow video plugin (plugin-video_t64528).
2. Construct 2 Cordova export with 4.0+ Ice Cream Sandwich Crosswalk.
3. Intel XDK export/build with Crosswalk for Android.

The difference between Construct 2 Video object and RexRainbow video plugin is that video stays on top of everything else except Form Control objects and it works with URLs and not with imported video files.

I haven’t experimented much with RexRainbow video plugin, just gave it a go because I was desperate and Construct 2 video object just didn’t work. I tried it on Android browsers: only Firefox managed to play them normally. I tried with 7 different Android APK files: not one played video.

To anyone who managed to produce an Android APK with functioning video: You are the best and good luck to you!

..to the rest of us: If you need video for Android system this plugin worked for me, hopefully it will work for you too:)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?