How do I leap frog jump animation

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:46 pm

Hello everyone wow it's been a while.

My question is I have a jump sequence that makes the player look like he's jumping up AND OUT... The problem is he comes back down in the same place so it looks funny.

How do I make it so when I hit the jump button he moves forward when he's in the air so he comes down a little farther out from the original jump spot.

Thank you in advance for your time.
Check out my latest game RAPID-TAPIT. Get your Fingercise on with this one. A steady Tap is all you need to score points. Lift a finger and see what you can do...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:55 pm

What behaviour are you using for the movement?
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:31 pm

On up arrow pressed simulate control jump set animation to jump animation.
Check out my latest game RAPID-TAPIT. Get your Fingercise on with this one. A steady Tap is all you need to score points. Lift a finger and see what you can do...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:33 pm

I tried if player is falling player move player forward (Player.X+4) but it did something crazy or did move forward at all.

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:37 am

If you are using "simulate jump" you must be using a behaviour for this..
That's why I asked what behaviour you are using?

I'll assume you are using the platform behaviour, because you are talking about is falling..

why not add "simulate pressing right" while jumping if you want it to move right?
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?