How do I Let A Sprite Follow The Path Of Another?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 pm

I'm making a boss fight, the boss shoots flaming balls at the player, but how would the flaming balls go to the player?
I mean sure, it could just teleport there, but I need it to follow the spot the player was in in a trail...
thanks!
Oh and, I want it to point in the direction of the player, but when it shoots, it goes straight forward, not curving in midair to follow the player, that would make it look like it had a life of its own.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Take the lemons back! GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR DANG LEMONS WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! Demand to see life's manager!! Do you know who I am!?!?! I'M THE MAN WHOS GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN... WITH THE LEMONS
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:52 pm

add the behaviour "¨PlatformMoveTo" to the sprites and add the function on spawn ---->"PlatformMoveTo" move to "player" and the bullets are allways going to be following the player but im not sure is that what you want :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:05 am

@imothep85 I don't have a "PlatformMoveTo" behavior in the add behavior menu..
and if this also make the ball stop falling/shooting when it hits a solid block, I can't do that, because there is solid blocks everywhere in my game, so the player could cheat.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Take the lemons back! GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR DANG LEMONS WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! Demand to see life's manager!! Do you know who I am!?!?! I'M THE MAN WHOS GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN... WITH THE LEMONS
B
S

Post » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:27 am

I fixed it with adding the behavior "bullet"
and making it follow the players X.
Thanks anyway!
B
S

Return to How do I....?